Your Alumni Association
Representing over 150,000 alumni living in 120 countries around the globe, the USask Alumni Association is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization that works in partnership with the University of Saskatchewan to strengthen the bond between alumni and the university.
The University of Saskatchewan Alumni Association:
- is dedicated to adding value to the lives of all U of S graduates through a number of special benefits and services
- strives to build an involved community of graduates around the world
- encourages a lifelong relationship with the university and fellow alumni
- is committed to celebrating and encouraging the success of all its graduates
Building upon the proud history and tradition of the University of Saskatchewan, the University of Saskatchewan Alumni Association encourages and fosters lifelong involvement of alumni in the life of the university. It is committed to adding value to the lives of all alumni by engaging the community of graduates and celebrating alumni success throughout the world.
Since its inception in 1917, the Alumni Association has grown to include over 150,000 alumni living worldwide. Our graduates have gone on to become, among other things, Rhodes scholars, Nobel prize winners, prime ministers, CEOs, entrepreneurs, scholars, teachers, nurses, and actors. Each year, approximately 3,500 new graduates join our alumni family. In 2016-17, the Alumni Association celebrated its centennial.
Read the bylaws of the Alumni Association.
Board of directors
The University of Saskatchewan Alumni Association's Board of Directors includes of a variety of volunteer positions for specific one or two-year terms. There are also opportunities to serve on a variety of committees or advisory boards and volunteer for various events.
2017-2018 University of Saskatchewan Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Kelly Strueby (BComm'84)
- Pauline Melis (BA'77, MA'82)
- Jim Blackburn (BSP'60)
- Tanyann Belaney (LLB'05)
The following members are serving the first year of the first two-year term ending 2019:
- Greg Longster (BComm'92) Vancouver, BC
- Mark Stumborg (BE'80) Swift Current, SK
The following member is serving the second year of a second two-year term ending 2018:
- Tracy Sletto (BA'94) Calgary, AB
The following members continue serving in the second year of a second term ending 2019:
- Kara Exner (BA'92; MCTGED'01) Calgary, AB
- Charlotte Pilat Burns (BSNT'92) Saskatoon, SK
The following member is serving in the second year of a second term ending 2018:
- Chris Unsworth (DipAgB'12) Saskatoon, SK
University of Saskatchewan Representative Ex-officio:
- Guy Larocque Executive Director, Alumni Association Board of Directors firstname.lastname@example.org