Alumni Benefits Package
As a University of Saskatchewan alumnus you are eligible for a free alumni card and a pretty sweet benefits package. Explore the tabs below to see what's available.
Explore these tabs to find great products, services, discounts and group savings.
- Student Employment and Career Centre - great career services like resume writing tips, job interview skills, career postings, career counseling and more.
- U of S Email Service - mantain, personalize or forward your mail.usask.ca email address. NSID and password required. Don't have a usask email account? Contact us for details.
- U of S Library - Library cards for alumni are now free! Take your alumni card to the circulation desk at any of the libraries on campus to get access. Please note: Alumni borrowers have limited access to
licensed electronic resources.
- University Club (formerly the Faculty Club) membership - enjoy personalized service, amazing food, and beautiful surroundings at this prestigious university club (free trial membership available).
- Get education pricing on select products at the Campus Computer Store (alumni card required)
- PAC (Physical Activity Complex) Fit Centre membership - $50/month or $440/year (plus GST). Have your alumni card programmed at the PAC for access to the fitness centre.
- Ballroom Dancing Club - classes for the beginner, intermediate, and advanced dancer, as well as specialty classes and workshops are available throughout the year. You must show your alumni card for these memberships. Apply online or ontact the Alumni Office Monday to Friday between 8:30 and 4:30 to order your free alumni card.
- Visiting Saskatoon this summer? Book accomodations at the U of S. Low-cost accomodations are also available at other Canadian universities.
Alumni Master Card
Alumni Discounts and Deals - Sign up using the registration code: USASKDEALS to get the print-and-save coupons.
- Want to redeem them directly from your mobile device? Search for "My Deals" in the App Store or Google play to find the app.
Why we offer affinity programs
The University of Saskatchewan Alumni Relations office manages a variety of programs and services for alumni. An affinity program is an agreement between the University of Saskatchewan and an external business partner to offer merchandise and discounts, as well as services in areas such as travel, insurance and financial services to alumni. In addition to discounts, services and group rates for alumni, affinity partners give a portion of their business back to the university to help support and enhance the alumni programs managed by the Alumni Relations office. These programs include activity like alumni events, the Green & White magazine, and access to campus services services. Affinity partnerships also provide sponsorship opportunities for other university events and programs as well as two scholarships for children of alumni.
How affinity partners are selected
We are approached by numerous vendors each year. Each vendor is carefully screened by members of the Affinity Program Review Committee (APRC) to ensure that the company is reputable and its services are of value to our alumni. If the proposal passes the value test then it is given the U of S Official Alumni Partner Seal of Approval and a partnership agreement is signed. The APRC consists of volunteers from Corporate Administration, Purchasing Services, Alumni Relations and the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
How affinity partnerships benefit alumni
We are able to negotiate preferred rates on services for our alumni (e.g. group insurance rates) and/or help our alumni benefit from special promotions (e.g. Bonus AIRMILES and Student Price Card discounts on credit cards). In addition, Affinity partnerships help provide funds so that we can offer free or low cost events and services to our alumni. The arrangement with each affinity partner varies, but in general, we receive a small percentage of the net fees or purchases (e.g. credit card purchases, insurance premiums).
We currently have partnerships agreements with
- TD Insurance Meloche Monnex for auto and home insurance.
- Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services for voluntary insurance products, like term life insurance and extended health and dental.
- BMO Bank of Montreal for credit card services.
- AHI Travel, Collette, Gohagan & Company, Blue Water Adventures, Go Next Travel and Worldwide Quest for alumni travel.
- Access Development/TriQuest for Alumni Deals and Discounts.
Our promise to you: All affinity partners and service providers are carefully vetted to ensure their products and services provide value, through savings, security, or privileged access to services for our alumni family. When selected they are given the seal of approval. All communications to you about these programs are approved and sent by us. We will never release your contact information to our partners.
We respect the privacy of our alumni
If you prefer not to receive information regarding alumni benefits and services, or alumni travel opportunities, please contact Advancement and Community Engagment, Alumni Relations at (306) 966-5186, toll-free at 1-800-699-1907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for your alumni card to use as proof of your alumni status and eligibility.