Give Online

You may make a gift online to the University of Saskatchewan using a credit card on our  secure online giving form.

Give by Phone

To make a credit card contribution or give in installments by phone please call Advancement & Community Engagement

1-800-699-1907 (Toll Free)

(306) 966-5186

Send your Gift

To mail us a gift or give in installments, please complete our donation form and mail it along with your credit card information or cheque to:

University Relations
University of Saskatchewan
G16 Thorvaldson Building
110 Science Place
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5C9

For your security, please do not send us your credit card information by email.

Other Ways to Give

Securities and mutual funds traded on the major Canadian and U.S. stock exchanges may be donated to the University of Saskatchewan by transferring ownership directly to the university. When you transfer ownership rather than selling the securities and donating the proceeds, you will not pay tax on the capital gains realized on those securities.

You may donate securities electronically or by re-registering the securities in the University's name and providing us with the stock certificate. Electronic transfers are the most convenient method for both parties. To facilitate the electronic transfer, please execute the Request for Transfer of Securities form and provide a copy to the University of Saskatchewan and your financial planner.

Gifts of marketable securities will be receipted based on the closing price on the date the securities are received electronically by the university's broker or on the date the physical share certificate is received by the university. The university's broker has instructions to sell the donated securities as quickly as reasonably and practically possible (usually within 1 or 2 business days).

Publicly traded securities donated to the university are exempt from capital gains tax. To maximize tax savings, your financial planner can work with you to choose to give securities that have experienced the greatest capital gain per share.

As with all gifts to the university, you can choose the area that you wish the proceeds from the sale of securities to support. Please contact the Planned Giving office to discuss this or to get more information about a specific program or area you are interested in supporting.

Your financial planner will require the following information to initiate an electronic transfer of securities:

University of Saskatchewan Brokerage Firms

Choose one of the following:

BMO Nesbitt Burns
306 - 123 – 2nd Ave S
Saskatoon, SK
S7K 7E6
Contact: Bonnie Guillou

(306) 343-3692
(800) 667-2633

Fax: (306) 653-7227
University's Account Number: 610 - 05149 - 15
FINS Number:
(for transfers from within Canada)
T009 (T, zero, zero, 9)
DTC Number:
(for transfers from within the United States)
5043 (5, zero, 4, 3)
RBC Dominion Securities
Suite 1400, 333 - 7th Ave SW
Calgary, AB
T2P 2Z1
Contact: Dave Simpson
Telephone: (403) 266-9615
(800) 310-6484
Fax: (403) 299-6539
University's Account Number: 701 - 84049 - 18
FINS Number:
(for transfers from within Canada)
T002 (T, zero, zero, 2)
DTC Number:
(for transfers from within the United States)
5002 (5, zero, zero, 2)

By taking advantage of a matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of your contribution, having a greater impact on students, research and the University as a whole. Many companies match the donations that their employees make to non-profit and charitable organizations. Matching gifts are a great way for alumni and friends of the University of Saskatchewan to maximize personal contributions and increase the impact of their gift.

Find out if you work for a matching gift company by using the search feature below or check with your Human Resources Office. If your employer doesn't have a matching gift program, check if your spouse's employer does - some organizations match employees' spouse and retiree gifts to charities as well.

Completed forms can be sent to our office.

As an employee of the University of Saskatchewan, you see first-hand the impact of gifts to the university. You can make your own impact to the U of S by offering your support. You can improve a student's university experience, support the ambitions of a researcher, or contribute to a capital project that will support these pursuits. By supporting the University of Saskatchewan, you are helping to attract future support and strengthen our current university community.

The easiest way for you to show your support is through payroll deduction. Payroll deductions are typically made monthly and are arranged through the Human Resources Division. There are three ways that you can give through payroll deductions:

  • Visit the University Relations Office and one of our customer service representatives will help you fill out the appropriate forms. If you choose to make arrangements over the phone, please contact us.
  • Complete the payroll deduction form and return it to our office.
  • Go directly to the Human Resources Division (ADMIN E140) and they will be pleased to assist you.

You can also name the university as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy provided by your group benefits, or make a planned gift. Please contact the planned giving office at 966-5297 or giving@usask.cafor more information.

Thank you for ensuring the continued success of the University of Saskatchewan by joining your colleagues in supporting the U of S.

If you do not wish to be contacted for fundraising purposes by the Development Office in University Relations, please complete the form here

Give Online

Real estate, special collections, books, works of art, antiquities, equipment, and professional services are all welcomed gifts to the University of Saskatchewan. Some gifts will be accepted "as is" and some will be sold with the proceeds from the sale used in a manner of your choosing. Many of these items are tax deductible based on the appraised value of the gift-in-kind. 

Please contact us, and one of our fundraising professionals will discuss with you the gifts-in-kind you would like to donate.

If you wish to donate through automatic withdrawals from your bank account, please complete and return a Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Agreement form or contact our office to request an agreement by mail. Please don't forget to enclose a cheque marked "VOID".