Making a donation
Making a donation to any charity is a personal choice, and we are happy to work with you to ensure that your donation is directed to an area that is important to you and makes a difference to the people who work and study at the University of Saskatchewan.
Your donation, combined with donations from other alumni and friends, can have a great impact. For example, the average donation to the Centennial Fund is $241, but collectively, those gifts awarded $67,000 to 26 new and continuing students in 2016-17.
Thinking of something more specific or a larger donation? Contact a member of our fundraising team or call (306) 966-1907 and we’d be happy to talk to you about how your gift can meet your philanthropic goals.
Yes! When making a pledge, our office records your payment schedule according to your wishes. We send payment reminders before your scheduled payment is due. If we don't hear from you within 60 days we will send out a follow-up reminder. After 120 days, we will assume you would like your pledge deactivated. Please note that pledges can be reactivated at any time. Please contact us if you have questions about your donation.
The University of Saskatchewan strives to ensure that donors feel proud of their decision to support our institution. We are deeply honoured to be stewards of your investment and are committed to achieving our shared goals.
As a donor to the University of Saskatchewan, you can expect the following:
- To receive a letter of thanks with your charitable receipt information within two weeks.
- To be recognized appropriately for your support in a way that adheres to your stated wishes.
- To have your personal information handled with greatest respect and confidentiality, particularly if you choose to be anonymous.
- To receive meaningful information about the impact of your gift to the University of Saskatchewan.
- To be informed of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for the intended purpose.
- To be assured that your gift will be used for the purpose for which it was given.
- To be informed of the identity of our Board of Governors, and have access to the university's most recent financial statements.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Call us at (306) 966-5186 or toll free 1-800-699-1907 and we’d be happy to update or change your donation payment method.
Yes! Please call (306) 966-5186 or toll free 1-800-699-1907 and we’d be happy to process your donation over the phone. If you’d like to mail in your donation, you can download this pledge form and send it to our office. Thank you for your support!
We would be happy to send you an annual report to let you know the impact that you have had, and provide additional details on how your donation was spent. Please contact our donor relations co-ordinator at (306) 966-1655 or via email.
As a donor to the University of Saskatchewan, you can expect to receive a letter of thanks with your charitable receipt information within two weeks.
If you would like a replacement charitable tax receipt, please email: email@example.com
There are three ways you can set this up:
- Visit the University Relations Office and one of our customer service representatives will help you fill out the appropriate forms. If you choose to make arrangements over the phone, please contact us.
- Complete the payroll deduction form and return it to our office.
- Go directly to the Human Resources Division (ADMIN E140) and they will be pleased to assist you.