Making a donation

Making a donation to any charity is a personal choice, and we are happy to work with you to ensure that your donation is directed to an area that is important to you and makes a difference to the people who work and study at the University of Saskatchewan.

Your donation, combined with donations from other alumni and friends, can have a great impact. For example, the average donation to the Centennial Fund is $241, but collectively, those gifts awarded $67,000 to 26 new and continuing students in 2016-17.

Thinking of something more specific or a larger donation? Contact a member of our fundraising team or call (306) 966-1907 and we’d be happy to talk to you about how your gift can meet your philanthropic goals. 

Yes! When making a pledge, our office records your payment schedule according to your wishes. We send payment reminders before your scheduled payment is due. If we don't hear from you within 60 days we will send out a follow-up reminder. After 120 days, we will assume you would like your pledge deactivated. Please note that pledges can be reactivated at any time. Please contact us if you have questions about your donation.

The University of Saskatchewan strives to ensure that donors feel proud of their decision to support our institution. We are deeply honoured to be stewards of your investment and are committed to achieving our shared goals.

As a donor to the University of Saskatchewan, you can expect the following:

  • To receive a letter of thanks with your charitable receipt information within two weeks.
  • To be recognized appropriately for your support in a way that adheres to your stated wishes.
  • To have your personal information handled with greatest respect and confidentiality, particularly if you choose to be anonymous.
  • To receive meaningful information about the impact of your gift to the University of Saskatchewan.
  • To be informed of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for the intended purpose.
  • To be assured that your gift will be used for the purpose for which it was given.
  • To be informed of the identity of our Board of Governors, and have access to the university's most recent financial statements.
  • To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.

Our gift planning specialists would be happy to help you with these types of questions.  Please call 1-800-699-1907 or (306) 966-5186 or email and we would be happy to assist you. You can also learn more about bequest and estate gifts here.

Yes! Fill out the form here or contact our office at 1-800-699-1907.

 Yes. Please call us at (306) 966-5186 or contact a member of our fundraising team and we will be pleased to assist you.

Call us at (306) 966-5186 or toll free 1-800-699-1907 and we’d be happy to update or change your donation payment method.

Yes! Please call (306) 966-5186 or toll free 1-800-699-1907 and we’d be happy to process your donation over the phone. If you’d like to mail in your donation, you can download this pledge form and send it to our office at G16 Thorvaldson Building, 110 Science Pl, Saskatoon, SK S7N 5C9. Thank you for your support!

We would be happy to send you an annual report to let you know the impact that you have had, and provide additional details on how your donation was spent. Please contact our donor relations co-ordinator at (306) 966-1655 or via email.

You can donate securities electronically or by re-registering the securities in the university’s name and providing us with a stock certificate. Electronic transfers are the most convenient method for both parties. To facilitate the electronic transfer, please complete the Request for Transfer of Securities form and provide a copy to both the University of Saskatchewan and your financial planner.

Real estate, special collections, books, works of art, antiquities, equipment, and professional services are all welcomed gifts to the University of Saskatchewan. Some gifts will be accepted “as is” and some will be sold with the proceeds from the sale used in a manner of your choosing. Many of these items are tax deductible based on the appraised value of the gift-in-kind. Please contact us to discuss the gifts-in-kind you would like to donate.

By taking advantage of a matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of your contribution, having a greater impact on students, research and the university as a whole. Many companies match the donations that their employees make to non-profit and charitable organizations. This is a great way for alumni and friends of the University of Saskatchewan to maximize personal contributions and increase the impact of their gift.

If your employer doesn't offer a matching gift program, check if your spouse's employer does; some organizations match employee spouse and retiree gifts to charities as well. 

Use the search feature below to find out if your employer matches gifts, or check with your human resources office. Completed forms can be sent to our office.

Tax receipting

As a donor to the University of Saskatchewan, you can expect to receive a letter of thanks with your charitable receipt information within two weeks. 

Yes it does! The University of Saskatchewan is a registered non-profit organization; therefore, any gift to the university is tax deductible. When you give, we will mail you a receipt you can use for income tax purposes. Our charitable registration number is 11927 9313 RR0001.
We must abide by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines that state, "Tax-deductible gifts must be postmarked on or before December 31st of any given year to qualify for a tax-deductible receipt for that year."
If both you and your spouse/partner are filing claims, you can use either of your tax receipts, no matter the name on the receipt itself.
Yes! If you would like a replacement charitable tax receipt, please email:
Contributions to qualified Canadian charities (like accredited universities and colleges) are tax deductible if you are an alumnus or a member of your family is or was enrolled at the University of Saskatchewan. If part of your income stems from Canadian sources, and you will be filing your tax return with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), feel free to use your U of S tax receipt on your claim. It is always a good idea to check with your financial planning and legal advisors to get a complete list of your options. For more information, please Canada Customs and Revenue Agency or contact us.
The University of Saskatchewan strives to ensure that its donor records are accurate. If the information outlining your gift is incorrect, please contact usWe would be pleased to replace your receipt.
Our office policy with respect to receipts of monthly paid gifts is to issue one receipt per calendar year. This reduces administrative costs and assists our donors by eliminating the need to keep track of monthly receipts. A receipt for your total yearly gift will be forwarded to you in January of next year and each January thereafter, or in the month following your final payment.
Gifts made through payroll deductions will be reflected on your T4 slip. No receipts will be issued as you can use your T4 in the same fashion as a charitable receipt. If you are making continuous gifts through payroll deductions, our records will reflect that you have made an on-going pledge to the University of Saskatchewan.

Campus community

There are three ways you can set this up:

  1. Visit the University Relations Office and one of our customer service representatives will help you fill out the appropriate forms. If you choose to make arrangements over the phone, please contact us.
  2. Complete the payroll deduction form and return it to our office.
  3. Go directly to the Human Resources Division (ADMIN E140) and they will be pleased to assist you.

Yes. Please complete this form to be removed from fundraising communications from the University of Saskatchewan. 

Changes to contact information

Please visit this website to update your contact information. If you’d like to stop receiving the Green & White or be removed from university mailing lists, please call our office at (306) 966-5186 or email

Please email with your relative’s full name and most recent address and we will ensure that they are removed from our lists.

Yes. Please complete this form to be removed from fundraising communications from the University of Saskatchewan.