As students recently returned to campus after months and years of learning remotely, there is a renewed energy and sense of optimism at USask. Many students are finally getting the chance to experience our campus for the first time.
However, the pandemic has especially hard USask students who are still feeling its many effects, on top of the pressures of university life.
There are so many USask students that rely on the generosity of donors to help keep them going—during the pandemic and through a normal year—and you can help students finish this semester strong.
You can help with a gift to two important funds that will have an immediate impact on students:
Gifts to the Nasser Family Emergency Student Trust help students experiencing financial hardship or crisis. You help students navigate unforeseen family, health or medical emergencies and help cover the necessities of food and shelter.
- Flights home for funerals and other family emergencies.
- Delays in or a sudden loss of funding, especially loss of employment or other situational loss of income.
- Unexpected increases in rent, fuel, food and other household expenditures.
- Personal health or medical emergencies.
Donations to the student-led Peer Health Initiative Fund support all students through education and outreach in the areas of mental health, substance use dependence and disorders, sexual health, healthy relationships and lifestyles, invisible disabilities, and assistance for student-parents. Your gift contributes to healthy minds, healthy bodies and much-needed social support.
- $50 provides one student health hallway display or one classroom presentation with handouts.
- $75 provides one cooking group for up to 12 participants.
- $100 provides student-developed resources, handouts and incentives for one health outreach training in residence.
- $1,000 provides student-developed health pamphlets available in 6 locations campus-wide and at health displays.
Your support of these two funds is instrumental in ensuring students can continue excelling in their studies without compromising their health and wellness as we slowly emerge from the pandemic.
Give students the boost they need and make your gift online or call 306-966-5186 (toll-free 1-800-699-1907).