Be part of our story.
This mentee-lead mentorship program is an opportunity for current students and recent graduates to gain insight and guidance from alumni mentors to enrich their academic and career journeys.
This program is delivered in partnership between the Advancement Office, University Relations and Career Services.
Prospective mentees will complete a competitive internal application process and, if selected, a program interview and reference check.
Interested alumni mentors with five or more years of career experience will have an information interview with USask Connects program leads to identify their career path, career values, professional experiences, and other areas of interest.
20 student and/or recent graduate mentees will be matched one-on-one with alumni mentors based on mutual interests and experiences as well as goal orientation, career path, career values, and education journeys.
20 alumni and 20 students and/or recent graduates will be selected and matched one-on-one in October 2021. The matches will have four 1-hour individual meetings called "Connects" between November 1, 2021 and January 31, 2022.
Resources and meeting structure examples will be shared with alumni mentors and student mentees for each meeting. Meetings will be held virtually as alumni and/or students could be situated throughout Canada or internationally. Virtual platform recommendations will be provided.
Once mentor and mentee have had their four meetings, all participants will submit a final reflection on the program and their experience.
If you are interested in being a mentor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enrich the academic and career journeys of USask students and recent graduates
- Gain volunteer experience and create a deeper connection with USask and your alma-mater
- Improve your leadership, coaching, and professional skills by mentoring current students and recent graduates
- Meet and network with valuable contacts within the post-secondary world
- Share your personal career experience and impart knowledge
- Reflect on personal development and growth
- Gain practical networking and leadership skills through a mentee-lead approach to mentorship
- Establish and/or grow your professional network
- Gain an understanding about your preferred/potential industry
- Opportunity to reflect and grow in a safe environment
- Gain insights about different career paths and work histories of those in the industry
- Receive critical feedback in key areas related to professional skills and career planning
- Develop a sharper focus on what is needed to grow professionally and advance your career
- Add value to your Usask experience and gain CCR recognition
All student mentees who successfully complete the USask Connects Program will be considered for one $1,000 Recognition Award.
Young Alumni Advisory Committee
Are you a recent graduate looking to stay connected to USask?
The Advancement Office is looking for members to join the Young Alumni Advisory Committee. This committee represents and advocates for recent alumni while fostering a relationship with the Advancement Office. The committee advises the Advancement Office by providing feedback and input on programs, events and communications that relate to and impact young alumni.
The USask Young Alumni Advisory Committee is open to all alumni from any USask college or program. Young alumni is defined as any alumni who graduated within the past ten years and are thirty-five years or younger in age.
Volunteering is in our alumni’s DNA - they are an essential part of everything we do and we are so grateful of the time, talent and treasure that many of our alumni give back to the University of Saskatchewan.
For more information, please visit our website or contact:
Alumni and Friends: Interested in volunteering? Let us know!
Volunteers are a vital part of our USask Alumni community, on campus and around the world. Their dedication positively impacts alumni and students with the gift of their time, talent and treasure.
Boards and Committees
USask alumni volunteer board members use their expertise, leadership and networks to make a significant, strategic impact on the global USask Alumni community.